All times are UTC [ DST ]





Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 72 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
  Print view

  Re: The do you remember when thread
Author Message
    PostPosted: 21 Mar 2011, 11:18 
Darkling
User avatar
Offline

Posts: 17
Joined: 21 Mar 2011, 10:44
Location: London
I remember a lot of drinking, which is funny because I was firmly underage at 16
One night of drinking that stands out involved either daft! or Three Litre (sorry Dazza, I'm drawing a blank on which) at a working men's club in Slough. Double vodka and lemonade was £1.10. As a Londoner, I took full advantage. Also, adventures in Brixton with Audrey and Eddie after Velvet Revolver, many nights out with Muppet including Foo Fighters at the Astoria, and practically living in her flat, various meets in London, Reading and Glasgow to name a few, with some gigs thrown in amongst the alcohol.

And of course, we'll always have Paris (twice)!


Top
 Profile  
 

  Re: The do you remember when thread
    PostPosted: 21 Mar 2011, 19:13 
Darkling
User avatar
Offline

Posts: 13
Joined: 16 Mar 2011, 03:18
shortie wrote:
I remember sending you my band from the astoria gig w some confetti cos u were gutted u couldnt come!!!


I know! That was such a cool thing to do. I still have the invite to the album launch party you sent me as well (it's actually framed on my old bedroom wall at my parents' house)

Ace!


Top
 Profile  
 

  Re: The do you remember when thread
    PostPosted: 21 Mar 2011, 20:04 
Darkling
User avatar
Offline

Posts: 351
Joined: 02 Mar 2011, 16:17
apocalypticrabbit wrote:
I remember a lot of drinking, which is funny because I was firmly underage at 16
One night of drinking that stands out involved either daft! or Three Litre (sorry Dazza, I'm drawing a blank on which) at a working men's club in Slough. Double vodka and lemonade was £1.10. As a Londoner, I took full advantage. Also, adventures in Brixton with Audrey and Eddie after Velvet Revolver, many nights out with Muppet including Foo Fighters at the Astoria, and practically living in her flat, various meets in London, Reading and Glasgow to name a few, with some gigs thrown in amongst the alcohol.

And of course, we'll always have Paris (twice)!


I remember you in Glasgow going on a rant about Justin and Blind Man ;-)


Top
 Profile  
 

  Re: The do you remember when thread
    PostPosted: 22 Mar 2011, 09:40 
Darkling
User avatar
Offline

Posts: 17
Joined: 21 Mar 2011, 10:44
Location: London
Switch625 wrote:
apocalypticrabbit wrote:
I remember a lot of drinking, which is funny because I was firmly underage at 16
One night of drinking that stands out involved either daft! or Three Litre (sorry Dazza, I'm drawing a blank on which) at a working men's club in Slough. Double vodka and lemonade was £1.10. As a Londoner, I took full advantage. Also, adventures in Brixton with Audrey and Eddie after Velvet Revolver, many nights out with Muppet including Foo Fighters at the Astoria, and practically living in her flat, various meets in London, Reading and Glasgow to name a few, with some gigs thrown in amongst the alcohol.

And of course, we'll always have Paris (twice)!


I remember you in Glasgow going on a rant about Justin and Blind Man ;-)


I have no recollection of that particular rant, definitely sounds like something I'd do tho!

I was browsing through the suddenlaunch darkives and found some posts from 05/06 where I was banging on about a guy I really fancied. Five years on, we've been together for two years and I've just had his baby. How time flies


Top
 Profile  
 

  Re: The do you remember when thread
    PostPosted: 22 Mar 2011, 10:31 
Darkling
User avatar
Offline

Posts: 351
Joined: 02 Mar 2011, 16:17
Excellent.

Out of interest which sections can you see, I wasn't convinced I'd set that up correctly.


Top
 Profile  
 

  Re: The do you remember when thread.........
    PostPosted: 22 Mar 2011, 12:29 
Darkling
User avatar
Offline

Posts: 66
Joined: 02 Mar 2011, 19:14
MadTheSwine(mick) wrote:
shortie wrote:
i remember a marrillion gig that ended w u ian and i having the scariest ride home of my life :cry:


And thus we all learned that most important of lessons:
'Never blag a lift home from a gig with the first two drunken idiots you see.'


But sorta twas worth it to cuddle H tho.... :)

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ ____
"Lifes a gas and all the people in it just molecules bouncing round" (Griff Rhys Jones)


Top
 Profile  
 

  Re: The do you remember when thread.........
    PostPosted: 22 Mar 2011, 14:42 
Darkling
User avatar
Offline

Posts: 64
Joined: 13 Mar 2011, 15:00
Location: Staffordshire
shortie wrote:

But sorta twas worth it to cuddle H tho.... :)


Bloody 'Band-Aids' ;)

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ ____
Image
Squarewave Design
Je suis une âme solitaire.


Top
 Profile  
 

  Re: The do you remember when thread
    PostPosted: 22 Mar 2011, 18:18 
Darkling
User avatar
Offline

Posts: 391
Joined: 02 Mar 2011, 19:24
Location: Norwich
one of the stand out times - flying to a paris gig, drinking champagne on the plane and watching the sun come up over france.

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ ____
www.optimumimpact.co.uk
twitter - @optimum_impact
facebook


Top
 Profile  
 

  Re: The do you remember when thread
    PostPosted: 23 Mar 2011, 01:04 
Darkling
User avatar
Offline

Posts: 50
Joined: 06 Mar 2011, 09:18
Location: Snuggled in The Darkness' Cleavage
Flying to a Glasgow gig and hoping the weeniest plane in the world was capable of getting off the ground :lol:

Being nervous before EVERY gig and being too excited to eat, but fully capable of drinking cider. On that excited empty stomach :lol:

Driving to Wembley in Dec 2004 and slowing down as we passed Wembley Arena ... and screaming with joy as we saw the MASSIVE poster across the front of the building.

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ ____
Did someone order a wench?


Top
 Profile  
 

  Re: The do you remember when thread
    PostPosted: 23 Mar 2011, 12:37 
Darkling
User avatar
Offline

Posts: 17
Joined: 21 Mar 2011, 10:44
Location: London
Switch625 wrote:
Excellent.

Out of interest which sections can you see, I wasn't convinced I'd set that up correctly.

I only really looked through givin up but that worked fine


Top
 Profile  
 

  Re: The do you remember when thread
    PostPosted: 23 Mar 2011, 18:16 
Darkling
User avatar
Offline

Posts: 304
Joined: 16 Mar 2011, 21:49
Location: Luton
I remember when a man punched his girlfriend in the face during a gig , he then squared up to my girlfriend, he was late thirtys and he was 17 , i was obliged to bite his nose to save our skin, luckily everyone agreed with my actions and security escorted the man out of the building

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ ____
SUCK MY COCK


Top
 Profile  
 

  Re: The do you remember when thread
    PostPosted: 24 Mar 2011, 02:16 
Darkling
Offline

Posts: 86
Joined: 10 Mar 2011, 00:20
apocalypticrabbit wrote:
I remember a lot of drinking, which is funny because I was firmly underage at 16
One night of drinking that stands out involved either daft! or Three Litre (sorry Dazza, I'm drawing a blank on which) at a working men's club in Slough. Double vodka and lemonade was £1.10. As a Londoner, I took full advantage. Also, adventures in Brixton with Audrey and Eddie after Velvet Revolver, many nights out with Muppet including Foo Fighters at the Astoria, and practically living in her flat, various meets in London, Reading and Glasgow to name a few, with some gigs thrown in amongst the alcohol.

And of course, we'll always have Paris (twice)!


I have a very vague memory of seeing Three Litre in a boxing club in Slough. I wonder if that was it?

X

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ ____
It wasn't me, no-one saw me do it, you can't prove a thing. Anyway, how was I supposed to know she was his mother?


Top
 Profile  
 

  Re: The do you remember when thread
    PostPosted: 24 Mar 2011, 11:31 
Darkling
User avatar
Offline

Posts: 17
Joined: 21 Mar 2011, 10:44
Location: London
Sexy Dave wrote:

I have a very vague memory of seeing Three Litre in a boxing club in Slough. I wonder if that was it?

X


It was a benefit gig after the boxing day tsunami. I think. Muppet and Loony were there too, if that helps at all


Top
 Profile  
 

  Re: The do you remember when thread
    PostPosted: 25 Mar 2011, 18:06 
Darkling
Offline

Posts: 10
Joined: 25 Mar 2011, 15:02
Loads of memories!

I remember being the mate referenced in all of Spooner_22's posts lol

The official board melting after the cancelled Liverpool gig and being gutted lol

being interviewed outside the Astoria before the homecoming gig (best night ever? I think so!). Then running back to victoria afterwards and nearly missing the coach back to Liverpool.


being on a mates shoulders in Paris as justin came round on his love on the rocks walkabout, getting the best photo ever whilst up there. now sadly lost.

Many many more!


Top
 Profile  
 

  Re: The do you remember when thread
    PostPosted: 25 Mar 2011, 18:11 
Darkling
User avatar
Offline

Posts: 351
Joined: 02 Mar 2011, 16:17
slash2k01 wrote:
Loads of memories!


being on a mates shoulders in Paris as justin came round on his love on the rocks walkabout, getting the best photo ever whilst up there. now sadly lost.

Many many more!


Yeah that Liverpool one was a night to remember. Albeit for sad reasons. After all the constant touring, it really didn't look good at one stage.

Hope you get another chance to get another photo.


Top
 Profile  
 

  Re: The do you remember when thread
    PostPosted: 25 Mar 2011, 18:58 
Darkling
Offline

Posts: 10
Joined: 25 Mar 2011, 15:02
Switch625 wrote:

Yeah that Liverpool one was a night to remember. Albeit for sad reasons. After all the constant touring, it really didn't look good at one stage.

Hope you get another chance to get another photo.


Yea it was sad, waited months for that. When we bought the tickets they were still fairly unknown, waited months, with the hype building all the time. The Astoria homecoming made up for the dissapointment though.

One more funny memory......In the departure lounge at Liverpool airport, waiting to fly to Paris for the Elysee Montmartre gig. One of the lads, who was prolific on the official board had arranged to meet another member but got cold feet and when approached by said female, bottled it and denied his online identity. Spooner_22 (btw he doesn't let us call him Spooner anymore, so you should feel honoured) soon blew him up and he was furious.


Top
 Profile  
 

  Re: The do you remember when thread
    PostPosted: 25 Mar 2011, 23:29 
Darkling
User avatar
Offline

Posts: 125
Joined: 11 Mar 2011, 22:46
Location: Liverpool
slash2k01 wrote:
Switch625 wrote:

Yeah that Liverpool one was a night to remember. Albeit for sad reasons. After all the constant touring, it really didn't look good at one stage.

Hope you get another chance to get another photo.


Yea it was sad, waited months for that. When we bought the tickets they were still fairly unknown, waited months, with the hype building all the time. The Astoria homecoming made up for the dissapointment though.

One more funny memory......In the departure lounge at Liverpool airport, waiting to fly to Paris for the Elysee Montmartre gig. One of the lads, who was prolific on the official board had arranged to meet another member but got cold feet and when approached by said female, bottled it and denied his online identity. Spooner_22 (btw he doesn't let us call him Spooner anymore, so you should feel honoured) soon blew him up and he was furious.

:D :D :D :lol:

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ ____
Liverpool, December 2003;
Paris, August 2004;
Manchester, December 2004;
Manchester, February 2006;
Liverpool, July 2006;
Leamington Spa, June 2011;
Liverpool, November 2011....
Manchester, November 2017!


Top
 Profile  
 

  Re: The do you remember when thread
    PostPosted: 25 Mar 2011, 23:37 
Darkling
User avatar
Offline

Posts: 125
Joined: 11 Mar 2011, 22:46
Location: Liverpool
slash2k01 wrote:
Loads of memories!

I remember being the mate referenced in all of Spooner_22's posts lol

The official board melting after the cancelled Liverpool gig and being gutted lol

being interviewed outside the Astoria before the homecoming gig (best night ever? I think so!). Then running back to victoria afterwards and nearly missing the coach back to Liverpool.


being on a mates shoulders in Paris as justin came round on his love on the rocks walkabout, getting the best photo ever whilst up there. now sadly lost.

Many many more!

Hell's yeah man, that photo was a bitch!! Dunno what happened to that album though, I remember giving it to you to copy but can't remember if I got it back or not, way too long ago. Shame though, some good photo's but that one in particular was a killer. Fecking great trip though, fun times!

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ ____
Liverpool, December 2003;
Paris, August 2004;
Manchester, December 2004;
Manchester, February 2006;
Liverpool, July 2006;
Leamington Spa, June 2011;
Liverpool, November 2011....
Manchester, November 2017!


Top
 Profile  
 

  Re: The do you remember when thread
    PostPosted: 26 Mar 2011, 06:50 
Darkling
Offline

Posts: 86
Joined: 10 Mar 2011, 00:20
apocalypticrabbit wrote:
Sexy Dave wrote:

I have a very vague memory of seeing Three Litre in a boxing club in Slough. I wonder if that was it?

X


It was a benefit gig after the boxing day tsunami. I think. Muppet and Loony were there too, if that helps at all


It was bugging me, so I looked it up in my archives.

January 13th 2005, Colourz Bar, Reading. The Noyze, Three Litre, Sand Creek Massacre, Matador. The booze really was cheap, I got trashed too, and there was a buffet.

Slash2k01 - You've reminded me I watched the Get Your Hands Off My Woman video for the first time in ages the other day. Yes, I did get a bit naked.

X

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ ____
It wasn't me, no-one saw me do it, you can't prove a thing. Anyway, how was I supposed to know she was his mother?


Top
 Profile  
 

  Re: The do you remember when thread
    PostPosted: 26 Mar 2011, 12:00 
Darkling
Offline

Posts: 14
Joined: 15 Mar 2011, 18:40
Location: Planet Rock
The 'Berkshire LiveAid' gig (for the Tsunami) was in a WMC in Slough, Colourz was an interesting one!

FYI: Three Litre called it a day in Sept '06 after Graham moved down to Folkstone and the distance between us all made it impracticle. Although we did briefly re-unite for three songs my wedding in Aug '08. It was much fun and I forgot how much I missed playing with the mighty litre... pound for pound the most fun I ever had on stage with a band.

!daft! are still going strong - we've moved away from crappy pub gigs and the like and gig like mothers. www.daftonline.co.uk - and yes - that's really me with all that hair!


Top
 Profile  
 

Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 72 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

All times are UTC [ DST ]


  Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Style by website design web, pozycjonowanie seo pozycjonowanie optymalizacja
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group