All times are UTC [ DST ]

Re: F1 2011
    PostPosted: 01 Apr 2011, 09:59 
Darkling

News in today has revealed British drivers have actually won 7 more world titles than previously thought. Yes this morning it has been confirmed that British PM David Cameron and multiple F1 World Champion Michael Schumacher are actually the same person.

In a statement this morning Cameron confessed it to be true and the adjustment to being PM had affected his driving edge since returning to F1. He went on to combine sport and politics in his speech by advising that austerity measures would continue until his team could give him a competitive car. He also hailed the success of the 'big society' by stating that a number of reformed car theives had become the fastest tyre crew he had ever worked with.

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ ____

PostPosted: 08 Apr 2011, 13:00 
Darkling

Having seemingly killed the thread with my feeble attempt at April Foolery humour, I shall now attempt to revive it.

Looks like we could be in for a competitive race on Sunday between Red Bull & McClaren (assuming Vettel isn't sandbagging a bit).

And on first practise times, what are the odds of Hulkenberg returning to the grid sooner rather than later?

PostPosted: 13 Apr 2011, 14:40 
Darkling

Sorry...would've been around more but i've been working like a loon.

Was a pretty good race....even if I was soooooooooo exhausted it having had a wee after-work drinkies with the boss & some mates which left me only 4 hours sleep before the race!!!

As for the hulk, I'd like to see him back in F1 too....but not to replace Sutil (don't know what's been wrong with my boy so far this season...though I think his failed atempt to leave FI might have left them not wanting to help him so much as they would di resta)

WINNING!

PostPosted: 15 Dec 2013, 23:58 
Darkling

cometcycle wrote:
The footage of David Purley trying to save Roger Williamson at the 1973 Dutch GP is heartbreaking.

Interesting, if tragic, fact about that accident. The reason two marshals are stood near by but don't do anything to assist, is that in those days only drivers and not marshals wore flame retardent clothing. So they wouldn't have been able to get anywhere near as close as Purley did.