All times are UTC [ DST ]

Re: The Anger Management Thread
    PostPosted: 09 Aug 2012, 17:23 
Darkling

fingers are getting betterish,got infection in the worsed one and still can't bend them :cry:

ohh and insurance companies are all Wankers :evil:

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ ____
even older darkling

PostPosted: 22 Apr 2013, 22:35 
Darkling

This costochondritis is agony.... :( :| :?

PostPosted: 17 Aug 2013, 00:57 
Darkling

I hate my job.

Actually, I love my job.... I just hate one person there and the dumb things he does

PostPosted: 17 Aug 2013, 11:43 
Darkling

beautysleep wrote:
I hate my job.

Actually, I love my job.... I just hate one person there and the dumb things he does

I have a feeling this is a regular occurance!! I am the same!

I love my job, but one person there is a complete ass!!

PostPosted: 17 Aug 2013, 23:12 
Darkling

TDGinge wrote:
beautysleep wrote:
I hate my job.

I have a feeling this is a regular occurance!! I am the same!

I love my job, but one person there is a complete ass!!

:D Now I think about it a bit more - you're right. But this one scares me because he has too much power and not enough foresight or empathy. That's a bad combination

PostPosted: 26 Nov 2013, 19:53 
Darkling

I'd forgotten I'd written about my job here :oops: The guy I was writing about above got sacked. Thought everything was going to be better after that, but someone else is throwing their weight around, so it's just got worse.

FML

Edit: Apologies for whining....

PostPosted: 26 Nov 2013, 21:06 
Darkling

Let it all out. A good rant always helps!! :)

The one person I don't like (said above) goes on maternity leave from Friday. Woohoo! 9 months of freedom!

Sorry to rub it in ;)

PostPosted: 26 Nov 2013, 21:30 
Darkling

TDGinge wrote:
Let it all out. A good rant always helps!! :)

The one person I don't like (said above) goes on maternity leave from Friday. Woohoo! 9 months of freedom!

Sorry to rub it in ;)

That's ok - enjoy those 9 months :D

It's my own fault: I got sidetracked because the CEO asked me to do a tough job that no-one else could do, but it means that I have to support and mentor people who are less competent than me, but who get paid more than me and think that makes them better than me.

i should just go get another job: I'm super efficient, great at managing teams, very proactive, dead good with software packages, my CV is full of achievements and I love a challenge....but I'm rubbish at interviews and my confidence is shot full of holes

so in short...yeah, my own fault.

/rant

PostPosted: 27 Nov 2013, 08:53 
Darkling

Don't over complicate interviews. A recent episode of QI suggests that studies have shown people make up there mind about a person in a Job interview on average in around 12 seconds!! So chances are subconciesly they have already decided before you even answer the first question.
Here's a little tip. Spend a week learning a querky skill that is impressive. Almost like a party trick.
I can solve a Rubik's cube in less than 3 minutes, that's my party trick and it's not very often you see it.

I'm working on another one....being able to say the day of the week from any given date.
So if they said their birthday for example, I would be able to say what day that was. A small 'trick' that just requires a little bit of practice but will pay off in the end.

Helps you stand out.

Also don't be afraid to talk to your boss. I recently complained about the woman above to my line manager. I thought he was very friendly with her so I was worried, turned out he shared all of my opinions and felt exactly the same way!

PostPosted: 27 Nov 2013, 14:36 
Darkling

I agree that interviews are often decided early: I've interviewed with colleagues and when we've discussed the candidate later, it's like my colleague never heard a word the candidate said!

Quirky skill? I have a few of those, but none that I might discuss at an interview ;D
I might try that - it depends if I can think of something

I promise you, I'm not backwards at coming forwards, so i've already flagged this up with my boss. The problem is, my role is to ensure that problems go away before they get to his level, so it's not great to have to bother him with this. He's been pretty good about it, but I think he's done as much as he can.

I've tried relying on my colleague honouring the rules of basic business ettiquette up to now....now I'm just going to have to roll out the charm to a couple of inches thickness and manipulate her into doing what I require...something I detest doing, as it seems underhand.

PostPosted: 12 Mar 2014, 14:27 
Darkling

Switchy recalled that I wore a Femme Fatale T-Shirt last time I ran a HM and picked one of their tracks for me to run to this time.

I have the LP on Vinyl but not the time time to setup/rip via a record player to MP3. I'll just buy it instead?

OH NO YOU WON'T - You can import the CD and Rip it from there yourself, or go to the USA and buy the MP3 there - stick it on an MP3 player and bring it back. BUT YOU CAN'T BUY THE MP3 IN THE UK!

:x Its the 21st Century - Why is such idiocy still the norm? :x

Sure I could download it for free from numerous dubious sites but why should the Artist miss out on royalties due to the farcical nature of the music industry?

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ ____