All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 182 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Re: Now Playing: Musical Diversity and Education 101
    PostPosted: 11 Feb 2012, 10:46 
Darkling

This song is frequenting my playlists a little (lot) lately. It's called "Automobile" by a band called The Fumes. They're an Aussie 2-piece featuring a guitarist/vocalist and a drummer but it's really raunchy and hard-rockin' and the video's pretty funny too! Reminds me a little of Seasick Steve's heavier stuff with the mentality of The Darkness, some good kinda trucker rock/blues! And I love it. So here's a link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MIFI4hwWJYs

Plus listening to "Nothing's Gonna Stop Us" a fair few times a day
Listening to a lot of Switchfoot at the moment for some reason. Very deep meaningful lyrics going on there.

Recent purchases: "The Bomb Shelter Sessions" by Vintage Trouble (it's cool!), "Warpaint" by The Black Crowes, "Enough Rope" by Vain and Van Halen's new album which is a steaming pile of shit.

Other stuff...
- Wishing I could get hold of the new Foxy album to download or even own on CD. Seems to be a rarity in Aus as yet.

PostPosted: 17 Mar 2012, 03:50 
Darkling

More and more lately, this bunch from the south coast keep drawing me back in...

First saw them as a very different band, Plastic Toys, many moons ago, and have kept half an eye on the various different things they've done until they hit this current high point.

Saw them last Friday - explosive, saw them Thursday of the week before - captivating.

http://www.facebook.com/thelostsoulsclub

xx

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ ____
It wasn't me, no-one saw me do it, you can't prove a thing. Anyway, how was I supposed to know she was his mother?

PostPosted: 20 Apr 2012, 20:00 
Darkling

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hwfgev1ILiE

The real question is, does Susanna look even better now than she did in the 80s?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=shzSeE4G6MA

I've been listening to The Bangles now solidly for the last 4 days, have I gone completely insane?

PostPosted: 21 Apr 2012, 06:33 
Darkling

Yes you have Bean. Yes you have.

Currently playing: "Sympathy" - Billy Talent.
Recent plays: "Backslide" - Mayfield Four (original band of Myles Kennedy now of Alter Bridge and Slash fame), "Love On the Rocks..." (well we don't need to be told who did that one right?)

New purchases: Def Leppard's "Rock of Ages" definitive collection, aperfectcircle's "Mer de Noms" and "Thirteenth Step", Guns n Roses "...Illusion 2", "Spaghetti Incident", Primus's "Anti-Pop", Slash's Snakepit's "It's 5 o'clock Somewhere..." which kicks ass btw and Rush's "Hold Your Fire".

Upcoming purchases:
- "Driving Toward the Daylight" - Joe Bonamassa
- "Apocalyptic Love" - Slash Feat. Myles Kennedy and the Conspirators
- "Clockwork Angels" - RUSH
- The new Darkness album whenever it emerges
- The new Aerosmith album (if)when it emerges
- The new ZZ Top album when it emerges
- The new JETTBLACK album

...think that's all :lol:

I mean basically my top 3 bands - TD, Aerosmith, ZZ Top are expecting to release new albums this year and my 4th (well the vocalist) is in a kick arse band alongside guitar legend/hero Slash and they're putting one out too.

2012 is the best year musically in a long time.

PostPosted: 21 Apr 2012, 08:57 
Darkling

I have an admission to make - I've been bad, I've given in to my one pop-metal weakness repeatedly of late - Avenged Sevenfold.

Lately been listening to:
A7X - City of Evil
A7X - Avenged Sevenfold
A7X - Nightmare

I only picked up the first one because a pretty girl liked it, and now I'm a bit stuck!

xx

It wasn't me, no-one saw me do it, you can't prove a thing. Anyway, how was I supposed to know she was his mother?

PostPosted: 21 Apr 2012, 15:51 
Darkling

Luke wrote:
Yes you have Bean. Yes you have.

Look Luke, just look. She hasn't aged a day since the 80s. Can't believe she's 53, completely defies logic. Smoking.

PostPosted: 22 Apr 2012, 08:48 
Darkling

Haha okay I'll let you off Bean.

:lol:

As for Sexy Dave? Well we've got a little problem here... to be fair to you, "Avenged Sevenfold" is a half-decent record and there was one or two acceptable tracks on the other 2 but overall the self-titled album is the only one I particularly enjoyed.

PostPosted: 22 Apr 2012, 16:47 
Darkling

Luke wrote:
As for Sexy Dave? Well we've got a little problem here... to be fair to you, "Avenged Sevenfold" is a half-decent record and there was one or two acceptable tracks on the other 2 but overall the self-titled album is the only one I particularly enjoyed.

It's fine, I know these things I do are wrong. PRETTY GIRL'S FAULT.

Today though, safer ground. Bought the original Pulp - Sorted for Es & Whizz / Mis-shapes CD EP off a record stall today. Fuck me, I'd forgotten how great those two were, Mis-shapes especially. The two Common People remixes are fairly naff, but then that's 1995 for you.

xx

PostPosted: 26 Apr 2012, 17:15 
Darkling

This week i have mostly been listening to Elmore James - King of the slide guitar...nice

Tomorrow i will be listening to O.w.l.s EP :D

even older darkling

PostPosted: 20 May 2012, 20:29 
Darkling

I've been listening to a lot of Anthrax lately, especially their new album Worship Music. The best songs are The Devil You Know, The Giant and Fight Em' Til You Can't. Killer album!

PostPosted: 25 May 2012, 00:00 
Darkling

Just back from The Bermondsey Joyriders album launch for "Noise and Revolution"

It's an ace record, I've had various promos of it over a year or so, but they've finally got it together to do a proper release.

Its a stunning record, there's nothing else quite like it - a punk concept album, narrated by John Sinclair, of White Panthers and MC5 fame, based around the end of the world and rock n roll saving us all. Punk, blues, rock n roll - perfect mix.

Highly recommended - http://www.thebermondseyjoyriders.co.uk/

xx

PostPosted: 26 May 2012, 17:35 
Darkling

v This is ace summer weather music & is totally stuck in my head at the moment v

http://soundcloud.com/edward-sharpe-mag-zeros/thats-whats-up

Never really got into them until I saw them at Reading - great band live...

PostPosted: 31 May 2012, 19:04 
Darkling

I recently discovered Saint Jude. I would say that the remind me of The Black Crowes. A lot, really. But they're actually really good, and Lynne Jackamans voice is just stunning.

PostPosted: 01 Jun 2012, 01:18 
Darkling

Nickr wrote:
I recently discovered Saint Jude. I would say that the remind me of The Black Crowes. A lot, really. But they're actually really good, and Lynne Jackamans voice is just stunning.

I loved Saint Jude when I found them last year! Gone a bit quiet now, but I'm hoping thats all toward a new record.

*Shameless Plug* - I did an interview with Lynn in a pub in Putney about a year ago - its http://www.purerawk.com/2011/03/24/inside-the-head-of-a-soul-fiend/ if you're interested :)

xx

PostPosted: 01 Jun 2012, 14:07 
Darkling

Been listenining to a lot of Creative Commons music recently via the cchits.net weekly show. It recently featured a Finnish band called Sunset Boulevard who have the ability to transport me back to the 80's.

Full album available free for personal use - http://archive.org/details/jamendo-094288

PostPosted: 01 Jun 2012, 23:35 
Darkling

Sexy Dave wrote:
Nickr wrote:

I loved Saint Jude when I found them last year! Gone a bit quiet now, but I'm hoping thats all toward a new record.

*Shameless Plug* - I did an interview with Lynn in a pub in Putney about a year ago - its http://www.purerawk.com/2011/03/24/inside-the-head-of-a-soul-fiend/ if you're interested :)

xx

Thanks, great interview.

And yes, they're in studio right now. They have posted a couple of pictures on Facebook while in the studio.

PostPosted: 20 Jul 2012, 16:30 
Darkling

Philip Sayce. Miniature momentary obsession of mine at the moment. 3 tracks to check...

- Black Train
- Stung by a Woman
- Steamroller

...all off his latest magnum opus of a record. This one is sort of more rock than some of his bluesy earlier albums though.

Check out my Blog: http://hardasarockblog.wordpress.com/
- New albums and classic albums reviewed and highlighted
- Rock/blues/metal

PostPosted: 01 Aug 2012, 07:42 
Darkling

http://soundcloud.com/automaticjack/

what does it mean 'swagness'?

http://sweetpeopleofrock.webs.com/
The Darkness Vintage Site

PostPosted: 04 Aug 2012, 04:19 
Darkling

Seashell wrote:
http://soundcloud.com/automaticjack/

what does it mean 'swagness'?

Really not sure what they mean there... 'Cousin Swagness' is I think a pun on 'Cousin Agnes', ie stuffy old relative, perhaps adding 'swag' as in laddish 'swagger' behaviour!

xx

PostPosted: 04 Aug 2012, 04:25 
Darkling

Today's late night listening is a bit of a Zombina and The Skeletones retrospective - from this undead classic, through to 2010's rockabilly(ish) horror-punk masterpiece 'Out of The Crypt And Into Your Heart'

Zombina and The Skeletones - Nobody Loves you When You're Dead

Hopefully back with new material for the new album later this year, but until then I can't recommend 'Out of The Crypt...' enough!

xx

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 182 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next