All times are UTC [ DST ]





Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 14 posts ] 
  Print view

  Leamington
Author Message
    PostPosted: 01 Jun 2011, 22:00 
Darkling
User avatar
Offline

Posts: 12
Joined: 16 Mar 2011, 00:25
What? no Leaminton Spa gig mention in the 'meet-up' bit.

Just me and Lin then??

Bryn


Top
 Profile  
 

  Re: Leamington
    PostPosted: 03 Jun 2011, 00:04 
Darkling
User avatar
Offline

Posts: 150
Joined: 07 Mar 2011, 03:45
Location: corby
I shall be there with a
Couple of old sprogs. Look forward to meeting you :D

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ ____
even older darkling


Top
 Profile  
 

  Re: Leamington
    PostPosted: 03 Jun 2011, 14:13 
Darkling
User avatar
Offline

Posts: 351
Joined: 02 Mar 2011, 16:17
I know it's terrible ennit.

Sorry I'll pull me socks up.


Top
 Profile  
 

  Re: Leamington
    PostPosted: 05 Jun 2011, 21:08 
Darkling
User avatar
Offline

Posts: 12
Joined: 23 Mar 2011, 09:20
Will be there with the Mrs.

I should have come here first Bryn - sent you a message on Facebook yesterday to see if you were going! - see you by the bar, think I must owe you a pint or two!

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ ____
*Airguitarmaster on old Darklings board*
21 Darkness Gigs
Including:

Brixton '03
Donnington '03
Knebworth '03
Reading '03
Rockingham '03
Bristol '03
Paris '04
Reading '04
Wembley '04
Birmingham '06
Liverpool '06
Leamington Spa '11
Donnington '11


Top
 Profile  
 

  Re: Leamington
    PostPosted: 07 Jun 2011, 01:18 
Darkling
User avatar
Offline

Posts: 12
Joined: 16 Mar 2011, 00:25
Just got back, from a rather splendid gig... couldn't see any of you around but could feel your presence. Whoooo hooooo. TD are back with mobs on


Top
 Profile  
 

  Re: Leamington
    PostPosted: 07 Jun 2011, 02:23 
Darkling
User avatar
Offline

Posts: 150
Joined: 07 Mar 2011, 03:45
Location: corby
Brilliant gig. Support band were shit hot very greendayish?
I was on balcony with oldest son and oldest daughter they said it was best gig they've seen.never met any other darklings but as the likeness said I also could feel your presence and hear it :D

Good to see TD back and tight as fuck......

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ ____
even older darkling


Top
 Profile  
 

  Re: Leamington
    PostPosted: 07 Jun 2011, 03:09 
Darkling
User avatar
Offline

Posts: 276
Joined: 28 Apr 2011, 16:20
Glad to hear an excellent time was had. Any photos? :D

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ ____
Everything is A-OK!

Image


Top
 Profile  
 

  Re: Leamington
    PostPosted: 07 Jun 2011, 13:10 
Darkling
User avatar
Offline

Posts: 14
Joined: 04 Apr 2011, 13:18
a fantastic gig - and a great and emphatic return! nice to see that ed is well again after not playing for the stone gods due to an injury ;) but, even better to see the frankie-meister back!

also nice to see some folks reaction to the walkabout. i'm still wondering who the masked guy was carrying the hawkins?!

i was a little gutted that a few more tunes weren't played from one way ticket, but hey, they rocked. looking forward to download, donington, monsters of rock, whatever at the weekend, albeit the weather isn't looking too favourable at the moment. ho hum...


Top
 Profile  
 

  Re: Leamington
    PostPosted: 07 Jun 2011, 13:45 
Darkling
User avatar
Offline

Posts: 304
Joined: 16 Mar 2011, 21:49
Location: Luton
any videos from last night? x

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ ____
SUCK MY COCK


Top
 Profile  
 

  Re: Leamington
    PostPosted: 07 Jun 2011, 17:35 
Darkling
User avatar
Offline

Posts: 125
Joined: 11 Mar 2011, 22:46
Location: Liverpool
Great gig. Liked the new songs, but a bit disappointed there was no 'Bald'...still, they played the whole of PTL which is just awesome!

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ ____
Liverpool, December 2003;
Paris, August 2004;
Manchester, December 2004;
Manchester, February 2006;
Liverpool, July 2006;
Leamington Spa, June 2011;
Liverpool, November 2011....
Manchester, November 2017!


Top
 Profile  
 

  Re: Leamington
    PostPosted: 07 Jun 2011, 22:36 
Darkling
User avatar
Offline

Posts: 12
Joined: 05 Mar 2011, 00:24
Location: Lincolnshire
spooner_22 wrote:
Great gig. Liked the new songs, but a bit disappointed there was no 'Bald'...still, they played the whole of PTL which is just awesome!


Not quite the whole album (but I guess you're not counting Holding My Own).


Friz wrote:
Brilliant gig. Support band were shit hot very greendayish?
I was on balcony with oldest son and oldest daughter they said it was best gig they've seen.never met any other darklings but as the likeness said I also could feel your presence and hear it :D
Good to see TD back and tight as fuck......


Didn't know you were at Leamington, Friz, I would have looked for you afterwards. Glad you enjoyed it. We were on the barrier. I thought it was awesome - better than Norwich (which was also good).

Also liked the support band more at Leamington. If you heard them refer to meeting people in a kebab shop the day before - that was us. :D


Top
 Profile  
 

  Re: Leamington
    PostPosted: 08 Jun 2011, 00:59 
Darkling
User avatar
Offline

Posts: 150
Joined: 07 Mar 2011, 03:45
Location: corby
Bambi wrote:


Friz wrote:
Brilliant gig. Support band were shit hot very greendayish?
I was on balcony with oldest son and oldest daughter they said it was best gig they've seen.never met any other darklings but as the likeness said I also could feel your presence and hear it :D
Good to see TD back and tight as fuck......


Didn't know you were at Leamington, Friz, I would have looked for you afterwards. Glad you enjoyed it. We were on the barrier. I thought it was awesome - better than Norwich (which was also good).

Also liked the support band more at Leamington. If you heard them refer to meeting people in a kebab shop the day before - that was us. :D


I didnt know you were going either bambi and I did hear singer mention a kebab shop :D
Nice place never been there before.

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ ____
even older darkling


Top
 Profile  
 

  Re: Leamington
    PostPosted: 09 Jun 2011, 08:42 
Darkling
User avatar
Offline

Posts: 125
Joined: 11 Mar 2011, 22:46
Location: Liverpool
Bambi wrote:
spooner_22 wrote:
Great gig. Liked the new songs, but a bit disappointed there was no 'Bald'...still, they played the whole of PTL which is just awesome!


Not quite the whole album (but I guess you're not counting Holding My Own).


Friz wrote:
Brilliant gig. Support band were shit hot very greendayish?
I was on balcony with oldest son and oldest daughter they said it was best gig they've seen.never met any other darklings but as the likeness said I also could feel your presence and hear it :D
Good to see TD back and tight as fuck......


Didn't know you were at Leamington, Friz, I would have looked for you afterwards. Glad you enjoyed it. We were on the barrier. I thought it was awesome - better than Norwich (which was also good).

Also liked the support band more at Leamington. If you heard them refer to meeting people in a kebab shop the day before - that was us. :D


Good point, but to my knowledge they never have.

Oh and I saw you, I was literally two people behind you! I saw the Max Raptor guy point at you when he said about the kebab shop, if I was looking at the right person...have you got blonde hair? Or someone that was with you?

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ ____
Liverpool, December 2003;
Paris, August 2004;
Manchester, December 2004;
Manchester, February 2006;
Liverpool, July 2006;
Leamington Spa, June 2011;
Liverpool, November 2011....
Manchester, November 2017!


Top
 Profile  
 

  Re: Leamington
    PostPosted: 27 Dec 2011, 17:19 
Darkling
User avatar
Offline

Posts: 20
Joined: 27 Dec 2011, 16:47
Location: Burnley
I was at this gig, absolutely brilliant.

Awesome to see Darkness back together after all those years. It was even more exciting knowing that I would see them again 5 days later at Download!

Leamington is an awesome town too, never been before but loved it there. We had been to the Journey/Foreigner/Styx gig at Birmingham the night before so we had stopped in a Travelodge that night in Birmingham and travelled to Leamington early the next day so we had a full day there. Went to see a movie, had a few drinks and then went and enjoyed The Darkness' reunion!

What a week it was with Download days later

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ ____
THAT Goal

Image

15:13, 25th May 2009, Wembley Stadium, London, England.

WHO PUT THE BALL IN THE WEMBLEY NET? SUPER WADE ELLIOTT


Top
 Profile  
 

Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 14 posts ] 

All times are UTC [ DST ]


  Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Style by website design web, pozycjonowanie seo pozycjonowanie optymalizacja
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group