All times are UTC [ DST ]

The Darkness Army Facebook Page - I can't take it.
    PostPosted: 10 Oct 2017, 20:35 
Darkling

They're way to extreme...they're rarely critical of anything and if you happen to be - you're pretty much a heretic. They simply gush and rave over everything - I'm glad they're having fun but it's not a good place for honest discussion about the merits of the band's material or decisions.

I love this band - but that page is full of blind fanboy/fangirl-ism. I had to leave the group.

Am I the only one who feels this way about Darkness fans on there, specifically?

Re: The Darkness Army Facebook Page - I can't take it.
    PostPosted: 11 Oct 2017, 01:01 
Darkling

Completely agree.

It won't be long before the users of this board who are also members of TD 'Army' (lol) will be informing the rest of the mentally limited that someone is being critical of them, and they'll lap the attention up.

Leaving that group is the best decision you could make this year. I can't promise that things will be any better on here, but so long as you feel like you can actually freely air an opinion without being jumped on by the obtuse, then you've done the right thing.

PostPosted: 11 Oct 2017, 01:20 
Darkling

Looong time Darkness fan from Darknessrock forum days but never a Darkness Army member and I have no intention or desire to ever be part of the 'new' social media circus platforms that now exist.

I know it can be quiet here at times, but it's forums FTW for me...and this one here has always felt honest, friendly and enjoyable for me.

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ ____

PostPosted: 11 Oct 2017, 06:03 
Darkling

I've been critical of the production over there and was not flamed for it, some even agreed.

PostPosted: 11 Oct 2017, 11:18 
Darkling

I'm on there but very rarely post. There's alot of the bum lickers as I call them who say the band can't do no wrong. They annoy me but each to there own. I've see a few people be critical of them and certain songs etc and I respect that. I'm a huge fan of the band but I don't like everything they have ever done.
I still like this forum and it's where I post most about the band when I want to talk or discuss them. I'm happy it's still here and going strong!

Sheffield, Sheffield, Sheffield, Sheffield, Holmfirth, Scunthorpe, Norwich, Leeds, London, Coventry

RIP Rick Parfitt

PostPosted: 18 Oct 2017, 23:17 
Darkling

This site and a long lost Yahoo Group were the original online Darkness fan clubs. Then came the darknessrock forum. Bollocks to Facebook. Bollocks to social media actually.

Farking 'ell.