All times are UTC [ DST ]

Pinewood Smile Album Availability - Um...?!
    PostPosted: 01 Oct 2017, 23:29 
Darkling

I'm having a hard time getting the new album. This is (thus far) the hardest new Darkness album to get a copy of from an actual store.

I live in Boston, MA. A big city that sure loves music. We have scads of record stores. And only one of them is getting a copy of the standard, 10 track CD. None of them are getting the 14 track edition, either.

No Best Buy in my area is getting any copies in. No FYE. No other stores that sell CDs are getting any.

Whereas with Last Of Our Kind, I walked into Best Buy on release day and picked up two copies of the deluxe version. I saw it at Target and at most all record stores that get new music.

But the new album? It's already hard finding somewhere that is going to get it. Even Amazon, it's available as an import. Best Buy has it listed as not coming out until October 13th, too (Amazon says this as well) and it can only be ordered.

I'm just worried that on release day, I won't be able to get a copy. Yes, I purchased two deluxe editions, one standard and a vinyl (as well as a cassette) via PledgeMusic, but I'm sure that those may not get to my doorstep until November or early December.

This is worrying.

Re: Pinewood Smile Album Availability - Um...?!
    PostPosted: 02 Oct 2017, 00:05 
Darkling

What is to stop you from downloading it on iTunes/Google Play/Amazon Music, on release day, and ordering a hard copy...?

That way, you have the album available to listen to until your hard copy arrives.

If I have to, that is what I would do.

I am concerned about it too, though, given that here in Australia our main retailer of new release music JB Hi-Fi have been slow to get some stuff recently, or, have been getting it but only some stores getting it...

For example, the new Alter Bridge live album, very few stores got, and they didn't have a pre-order visible on their website. It randomly appeared and only appeared in a very few select stores. Conversely, all stores got copies of both versions of the last studio album and they got copies of all the previous studio albums too on or before release day.

The same happened with the new Black Country Communion. They got it 5 days late, no pre-order, and only some stores got a couple each. In the past, JB Hi Fi have always been well stocked with Joe Bonamassa/Black Country Communion/Joe Bonamassa & Beth Hart releases. This time, it was scarce.

Last of Our Kind was well stocked here. I managed to find the vinyl and the CD were available, and all stores got 10-15 copies each. Hot Cakes was well-stocked too. They only got a couple of the deluxe re-issue but I got mine a week early because the store put it out early when they received the stock because they didn't know. :P

It surprises me that they are not appearing to take it up too quickly in the US given that the tour has just been announced! Especially that it is Best Buy AND FYE having the same issue...

What about Wal-Mart or K-mart?

Re: Pinewood Smile Album Availability - Um...?!
    PostPosted: 02 Oct 2017, 00:20 
Darkling

Luke wrote:
What is to stop you from downloading it on iTunes/Google Play/Amazon Music, on release day, and ordering a hard copy...?

I'll be getting it digitally via PledgeMusic - however, part of the whole new album excitement is going out and getting the hard copy and this goes for any band, with me.

It shouldn't be this hard getting a copy.

I'm for sure getting double copies of the vinyl - I anticipate it'll be hard getting an extra copy of this album on vinyl if I don't get it now. I just recently got Last Of Our Kind on vinyl again. I have a copy I got autographed but it's taken since mid-2016 to get a new copy to have as an extra. And don't even get me started on trying to get a second copy of One Way Ticket.