All times are UTC [ DST ]

Re: Solid Gold now available
    PostPosted: 06 Sep 2017, 09:34 
Darkling

I'm sorry I have to disagree.

I'd say Justin was humble during the Hot Cakes and Last of our Kind tour/album/campaign, but not now. No way.

He definitely has changed.

His interaction with the crowd in Brisbane was terrible. He shut people down in the audience for asking them to play Hazel Eyes! He half-arsed the chorus solo and then was like "happy now?"

And someone else said or did something and he had a huge dig at them.

I was unimpressed to say the least.

Anyway. Whatever. I was listening to Solid Gold and ATPG in the car. I kind of thought the production was listenable at first but tonight it really ground my ears!

In Solid Gold the drums sound awful, the symbols sound absolutely dreadful - everything clashes really badly and everyone's fighting for the same space.

In ATPG if you play it at volume the bass destroys it, really flaps the old tweeters.

Fingers crossed for the rest of the album but I'm feeling a bit miffed.

PostPosted: 06 Sep 2017, 10:59 
Darkling

Luke wrote:
I'm sorry I have to disagree.

I'd say Justin was humble during the Hot Cakes and Last of our Kind tour/album/campaign, but not now. No way.

His interaction with the crowd in Brisbane was terrible. He shut people down in the audience for asking them to play Hazel Eyes! He half-arsed the chorus solo and then was like "happy now?"

Anyway. Whatever. I was listening to Solid Gold and ATPG in the car. I kind of thought the production was listenable at first but tonight it really ground my ears!

In Solid Gold the drums sound awful, the symbols sound absolutely dreadful - everything clashes really badly and everyone's fighting for the same space.

In ATPG if you play it at volume the bass destroys it, really flaps the old tweeters.

Fingers crossed for the rest of the album but I'm feeling a bit miffed.

Correct. Justin clearly was having more fun and way more humble during the Hot Cakes era. He hates the current state of the music industry and is completely aware there's nothing he can do to change it. Though, he appears to be having more fun on stage again as of late, compared to LOOK era.

PostPosted: 07 Sep 2017, 06:10 
Darkling

Luke wrote:

Again, are you forgetting how he would literally harass crowds in the PTL era?

Air St. Gallen 2004: Justin literally mouths "fuck you" to the crowd.

https://youtu.be/yYLxTZQ88wM?t=19m46s

To their call-and-response performance on GYHOMW he says "Well, it is early..."

Before IBIATCL, he says "Open your fucking mouths and sing, you cunts!"

And after, "You guys have been a tepid batch of wankers (but we love you)"

Also, asking a band to play a song they haven't rehearsed, on the spot, is pretty ridiculous.

PostPosted: 07 Sep 2017, 07:01 
Darkling

I see, I see.

In that particular instance that's whole crowd, a bit different... Brisbane, felt like personal attacks. Very direct at individuals. Not whole crowd.

Whole crowd, plenty of bands heckle their whole audience which is fine. I don't see an issue with that. But when it's frontman to individual it seems a bit... wrong, really.

But anyway. That's enough of that.

4 weeks and 1 day to go until we get to hold Pinewood Smile finally... And listen to it, obviously, because just holding it doesn't really do much.

PostPosted: 18 Sep 2017, 19:25 
Darkling

'Tis true that Justin's mood over the years seems to have it's peaks and troughs...maybe this is just another bit of a trough? I do hope his personal life isn't strained (he's currently living here at his Mum's house - with the imminent album release and tour - and not with his wife in Switzerland).

I remember back in 2013 (in-between Hot Cakes and Last Of Our Kind) seeing them at the Electric Ballroom in Camden (just at the time he had all his hair chopped off) and he did seem overly 'spiky' with the audience even then (and I'm not just talking about his short hair! :D ).

At that time I also remember others on here saying he'd refused autographs etc. on that tour after the show (I'm not one for hanging around afterwards outside) but apparently he just couldn't get away from the crowds quick enough during that tour. So it's not just now that some of us here have maybe sensed a mood swing downwards.

I don't know him personally but he's always struck me as someone who could possibly be emotionally fragile, but he prefers to joke through life to the media etc. and by doing so, hides a lot of hurt. He appears to be either very up, or indeed, very down.... with not a lot in-between.

I just hope his personal life is okay tbh.

He can still call me a cunt in the audience at the Hammersmith Apollo this December if he wants to... and I'll still laugh out loud as I usually do. :lol:

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ ____

PostPosted: 19 Sep 2017, 20:04 
Darkling

He had long black hair during those shows but he did cut all his hair off not long after x

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ ____
SUCK MY COCK

PostPosted: 24 Sep 2017, 22:31 
Darkling

God, he was really humpy that night at Electric Ballroom. He lost his shit at someone for asking for "Christmas Time" mid way through playing PTL from beginning to end. It was a bit awkward!